Moving house is about as far from being eco-friendly as it’s possible to be. Right? Wrong, actually.
With a little forethought, preparation and care, you CAN make a difference by moving in an environmentally friendly way. It starts with selecting your moving company.
Some quick questions to movers to help you make your choice:
- Can we select routes and travel times to cut down on our emissions?
- Do you have access to, or suggestions for, environmentally friendly storage space?
- Have you ensured your offices and warehouses are energy efficient?
- As a company, do you recycle? Have you encouraged your staff to recycle?
- Do you sell, or can you recommend, containers made of recycled material?
- Do you offer the service of disposing of any unwanted items in a safe and environmentally sound way?
- Do you give online quotes, eliminating unnecessary use of paper?
- Do you investigate buying or leasing trucks that emit less pollution?
- What do you do to give back to your community?
Getting answers to these questions will help guide you in picking a moving company you believe is contributing the most to keeping it green.
To order affordable Ecoboxes for your home move, contact us for more information or get started now.