Gone are the days when you’d have to salvage used cardboard boxes from bottle stores and supermarkets to pack for your home or office move. With Ecobox, you can purchase or rent clean, hygienic and affordable packing boxes.
You can buy our moving boxes online, and we’ll deliver your boxes, along with any other packing supplies you need, to your door. Alternatively, buy boxes and packing supplies in person at any of our retail outlets.
Here we offer a guide to making the most of our product range.
What moving boxes can you order online?
Ecobox stocks a wide variety of moving boxes online.
- single wall cardboard boxes for packing lighter items
- double wall cardboard boxes for heavier items
- flat-screen TV boxes
- wardrobe boxes with built-in rods, for moving clothes crease-free
- plastic Ecoboxes – our sturdy, reusable plastic boxes, which are available for rent.
We also offer a variety of home and office moving kits. Each of these contains all the moving boxes and packing materials you’re likely to need, based on the size of your move.
Should I use Ecoboxes or cardboard boxes for a move?
Whether you use Ecoboxes or cardboard boxes for your move depends on what you want to move, and how you have planned the move.
Ecoboxes, which we offer for rent, are suitable if you:
- are packing heavy items that might tear or break a cardboard box
- want boxes that are easy to move and stack
- don’t wish to keep your boxes after your move
- don’t plan on keeping any of your items packed or in storage for a lengthy period
- want to secure and tamper-proof your boxes with plastic cable ties.
Cardboard boxes, which we offer for sale, are a good option if you:
- want to store items for a period after a move
- have specialised requirements, like packing a flat-screen television
- are moving many lighter items that are unlikely to damage the boxes.
In practice, many of our customers use a combination of Ecoboxes and cardboard boxes. Ecoboxes are great for providing more secure storage during your move or handling your heavier items. Cardboard boxes are especially useful for bulky lightweight items.
What size cardboard moving boxes should I get?
As a rule of thumb, you want to choose smaller boxes for heavier items, and larger boxes for lighter items.
This is because a big box packed with heavy items offers less structural support than a smaller box, and can become very difficult to lift if packed to capacity. Smaller boxes are stronger than large boxes and will be easier to carry around if packed to capacity with heavier items.
However, if you’re going to be transporting very heavy items like cutlery or tools, consider using Ecoboxes instead.
Do I need single- or double-wall cardboard moving boxes?
Double-wall cardboard boxes provide more structural strength than single-wall boxes. However, they are also more expensive.
Single-wall cardboard boxes are suitable for non-fragile, light and bulky items such as:
- scatter cushions
- plush toys, like teddy bears
- duvets, pillows and linens
- light plastic items like mixing bowls and resealable plastic containers.
If you’re going to be storing heavier or more fragile items, double-wall cardboard boxes are a better option. For example, it’s a good idea to consider double-wall boxes for items like books, collections of DVDs, crockery and small appliances.
How many boxes do I need for a move?
Ecobox uses the size of your home to estimate how many boxes you will require for a move.
- our one bedroom home moving kit is typically adequate for studio and one-bedroom apartments, and includes 25 Ecoboxes
- our two bedroom home moving kit is generally suitable for moving the contents of a small home or apartment, with 35 Ecoboxes
- the three bedroom home moving kit will provide you with 50 Ecoboxes
- the four bedroom home moving kit is suitable for moving everything in a larger, family home and comes with 70 Ecoboxes.
To get an idea of how many cardboard boxes you’d need to order for these different size homes, our Ecoboxes are approximately the same volume as our Stock 6 double wall cardboard boxes. Each of these is roughly equivalent to two Stock 4 double wall cardboard boxes.
How do I order moving boxes online?
To order moving boxes online, simply visit our site and get started by specifying what you need and when you need it. We’ll handle the rest, including delivery to your location, when and where you choose.
At Ecobox, we offer convenient, affordable, eco-friendly moving boxes that are ideal for office moves. Just order your boxes and we’ll deliver them to your doorstep – and once you’ve moved and unpacked, we’ll collect them from your new location. Contact us for more information or order your moving boxes online now.
[spb_section spb_section_id=”6825″ width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]