[spb_column col_sm=”12″ padding_horizontal=”0″ width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [spb_text_block animation=”none” animation_delay=”0″ simplified_controls=”yes” custom_css_percentage=”no” padding_vertical=”0″ padding_horizontal=”0″ margin_vertical=”0″ custom_css=”margin-top: 0px;margin-bottom: 0px;” border_size=”0″ border_styling_global=”default” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
Relocating an office isn’t as simple as packing up and moving to a new workspace. A successful move is one that’s least disruptive to business operations, employees and clients.
It entails careful planning and astute management of people, processes, systems and equipment.
To accomplish a seamless relocation, a set of systematic guidelines of each aspect of the move is required to ensure deadlines are met and tasks concluded on time.
What are the key stages of an office move?
Here are the key stages of an office move to help you determine your next steps.
Find and formalise the lease arrangements for the new office space.
Design and spatially plan the office layout.
Identify a project manager for the office move, either externally or in-house, and select a team to design an appropriate relocation plan.
Transfer IT systems and install support hardware and software.
Move office furniture, equipment and files.
The dos and don’ts of office relocations
By drawing on the experiences of other businesses, a smooth transition from one office to another is easily achievable.
As with all business-related activities, there are dos and don’ts to guide the process.
- start planning the relocation at least 12 months ahead
- update and communicate with employees and customers on a regular basis
- consider transitional workflows and how to manage them
- consult with the IT department when planning and migrating new and existing office infrastructure
- clear out old business files and digitise paper documents.
- leave anything to chance
- forget to back up business data and files
- select office space without taking future business growth into consideration.
Free customisable resources for a seamless office move
The easiest way to develop a relocation project plan for your business is to adapt an existing plan to your needs.
Office move templates and checklists can help you ensure nothing is overlooked.
Try the following resources, which are free to download:
- 5-Phase Office Move Timeline and Checklist
- Office Relocation Project Plan
- Office Move Checklist
- The Ultimate Office Moving Checklist
Affordable packing supplies for an office move
Premium quality packing supplies are as essential to a successful move as planning and suitable checklists.
At Ecobox, we offer:
- cardboard boxes in a wide range of sizes
- a full range of packing materials
- eco-friendly, plastic moving boxes for rent
- convenient office move kits.
If you’re planning an office move, visit one of our retail locations to get the office moving supplies you need, or simply order online and we’ll deliver to your door.
[/spb_text_block] [/spb_column] [spb_section spb_section_id=”6825″ width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]